Play anything I've written about!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Tango on The Stoop!

One of the things I love about iTunes is that, when you're not paying attention, it can surprise you. So there I was, happily working out to Little Jackie - a bouncy, summery, hip-pop album. It was just what I wanted it to be: It kept me moving with the kind of grooves that make me smile. And then, in an instant, I'm in a whole 'nother world, in a truly delightful way. See, Little Jackie's album is "The Stoop" and the next album in my New Music playlist is cellist Jan Vogler's just-released "Tango!"

If you like the cello, or the tango, or if you just like beautiful, moving, passionate music, do yourself a favor and buy a copy. I can't find any sites that have samples (yet) and I'm not geared up to post things like that myself (yet). But believe me - the players on this album are changing the way people listen to "classical" music. You'll hear more about all of them in posts to come.

5 comments:

simona said...

I'm going to take u up on the 10/10 dare. Go girl!

Tomasso said...

I try not to be a hater, so the second ten will be tough. And I already know I'll far exceed (by a factor of 10) the first ten.

-Hero for Hire- said...

Ya know YoYo Ma put out a helluva good Piazzolla record a few years ago with the Assad bros. Mr Ma may be played out but that record was ridiculous.

J Bird said...

Hey hero - believe me when I tell you that Yo Yo Ma is far from played out. I've seen him with his Silk Road Ensemble a few times in the past year and I've loved every single minute. But thanks for the reminder about the Piazzolla record. I never did pick that up, but I'll change that right quick!

simona said...

I think Yo Yo Ma & Astor Piazzola are great, but I'm more of a purist. I don't like remakes that much and especially when the original is so good. Thusly I don't appreciate Yo Yo Ma's interpretation of Piazzola.