Play anything I've written about!

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Equal to the love you make

I love that video of Chris Bliss juggling to The Beatles. It gives me goosebumps every time I see it, and sometimes it even brings tears to my eyes. But it took me a while to figure out why: It's really about realizing how much love he shows for The Beatles and their music. I have a similar reaction when I listen to The Grey Album by Danger Mouse. His overwhelming love of the music gets me every time.

You can't deconstruct music like that without loving it. And to make an album the central focus of a major work is a serious commitment. Watching Chris juggle and listening to Danger Mouse mix shows me how other people hear music that I love. And it makes me love it that much more. So thanks, guys, for sharing your work with us. (And Stephen Colbert - if you haven't heard them yet, check out the Fab Four's Christmas Albums. They're guaranteed to please.)

No comments: