Play anything I've written about!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The seasons changed an hour too soon/why the record industry makes me sad

This post *was* going to be about how Thomas Dolby helped me through a white-knuckle drive through an early snow storm. But now that I've discovered that this amazing, wonderful, not-entirely-timeless-but-still-spectacular album is out of print, I have to take a moment and say that I love the music industry, it has been a lovely place to hang out for all of my adult years (even if only on the sidelines), but honestly, when an album this good can be allowed to go out of print, that's as good a reason as any for this aged beast to be finally put out of its (no, wait, our) misery. Music industry as I knew you in my childhood: Be gone! All hail the new digital age!

No comments: