Play anything I've written about!

Friday, October 3, 2008

Food For Thought, So Get A Buffet Plate

There's something quite agreeable about this album. I have loved it from the moment I heard it, and I've never let it go. It's so many things I'm not: cool, laid-back, hip, groovy. (See? Even the way I describe it is square.)

There's plenty of hip hop that I enjoy, but it's not a genre I know a lot about. More than any other style of music, I wait for new hip hop to come to me. So if you've got a favorite, let me know. I'll check it out.

Now I really want to go skating...

1 comment:

-Hero for Hire- said...

Much on the same wavelength (jazzy, mellow), I can't let go of A Tribe Called Quest or their much more thugged out but equally funky Queens neighbors the Beatnuts. Their catalogues are full of headphone masterpieces. In recent years I was very impressed with Madvillain's Madvillainy & MURS' 3:16 the 9th Edition. Excellent albums, although none of their other recordings quite match up.