Play anything I've written about!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Singin' and jingin' a jangle. Heaven help me.

We have these lovely ponds that I adore. And now that we have a dog, I walk by the ponds on a pretty regular basis. Here's the problem: Muskrats. To be fair, the muskrats are kinda cute. But what happens when I walk by the ponds, whether I *see* the muskrats or not, is that I get Muskrat Love (as performed by Captain & Tennille, not the original) stuck in my head. Sometimes for hours.

Any suggestions are welcome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok you are obviously in a critical situation where you just can't not walk the doggy past the muskrats. But having that song, and particularly that version, in your head is not particular healthy to your mental health. So I suggest you take it one step at a time. First, repeated listens before dog walking to the America original - marginally more healthy than the C & T. Do that for about 2 or 3 days and then move up to a better America tune like Ventura Highwy or the ubiquitous (at this time in 1972 and for many years thereafter) Horse With No Name. Then gradually move to the song that preceded HWNN as #1, Neil Young's Heart of Gold (many people thought HWNN was another Neil tune at the time) and then up the line to more quality Neil.
Good Luck, Tom B-L